Saturday, September 1, 2007

Ways in which I've ruined Maddox's life...today

1. I wouldn't let him drink pop. (I NEEDED some caffeine!)

2. I made him chicken nuggets and bananas for lunch. Apparently he didn't want that.

3. I made him take a nap.

4. I made him a 2nd lunch of a peanut butter & jelly sandwich and grapes. Apparently he didn't want that either. (Before I get comments...I realize that I shouldn't just make him 80 different things to eat. However, the kid hadn't eaten anything except a bowl of oatmeal all day, which is unusual) He didn't eat this lunch either, so that's it.

5. I changed his poopy diaper.

6. I made him put shoes on to go outside to play.

7. I wouldn't let him take a bite out of everything on Great Grandpa's snack plate.

Each individual event resulted in a huge meltdown today. Honestly, what kind of mother am I? So young and already I've ruined his life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Relax! Without trying, you can probably ruin his life all over again tomorrow. :o)
Mom

Anonymous said...

Ha. It's more like the many ways in which Maddox ruined YOUR life today. Stubborn little dude! Chin up, you did everything right; it can be so frustrating, can't it? Just know that as long as you can keep the upper hand, you're being a mom, and that's what counts. Kids LIKE limits, so I'm told. :)

Lisa M.