Tuesday, September 18, 2007

First Trip to the Dentist!

That's right, Maddox went to the dentist for the first time today. (He has almost all of his teeth already) It went awesome! Could not have gone better! I TOTALLY recommend The Kidds Place. We waited in the waiting room for about 10 minutes, but we didn't care, there were tons of things to do. I wished Maddox would have been a little older because I wanted to play the video games, but I survived. As soon as they called us back they were ready for us and it went really quick. There were stuffed animals everywhere. I sat on a bench and had Maddox's butt while his head was in the Dentist's lap. I held his hands while she counted his teeth and then put some special crap on them. He cried for this part, but once he was sitting back up he was fine, and the whole process took maybe three minutes. Then came the bag of cool stuff! Maddox got stickers, and a new toothbrush (which he tried out as soon as we got home), a western rubber ducky (went with the Dentist's office theme), and a balloon. What I also thought was neat was that the older kids get tokens to put into the cool toy crane, which they play until they win a prize, FUN! Afterwards we went to McDonals for breakfast as a treat because Maddox was SO GOOD, and because I had to wake him up this morning to get us to our appointment on time. All in all we had a great morning! I think we really needed to have a great morning after last week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are such a good mommy. I dread taking Elizabeth to the dentist, I just know she'd cry the whole time, just like she does at the doctor. *sigh*