Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Potty Gone Wrong (not for the squeamish)

From day one I have admitted not looking forward to potty training. Today I was proven right, that I should be worried. We've been working on sitting on the potty, flushing the toilet, going through the motions, etc. This morning I was inspired to strip him naked and see what happened. Bad idea. He had just filled his diaper, poop and all. I thought I was safe...I thought I had some time...I didn't know it would all happen so fast. He started to pee, while he was walking around the bathroom., then he stopped and watched while he peed on his own foot. Describing it now you'd think I would have been propelled into action, instead it was like it was all happening in slow motion and like my brain couldn't keep up. (in my defense I had only been awake for about 5 minutes, another reason why this wasn't a good idea) He had just gone to the bathroom in his diaper because he'd let me know he wanted it changed, I didn't think he'd go again. By this time he'd already peed on both himself and the floor, what else could happen? Well folks, let me tell you...apparently he hadn't finished pooping either...fell right to the floor with a plop. We both just stood there staring at the floor trying to figure out what just happened and why his mother didn't have his back. I'm going to call this a learning experience. I know what I SHOULD have done, and so next time that is what I'll do. Just thought I'd share yet another bad parenting moment. Ain't potty training fun?

2 comments:

Starbright said...

Better Luck next Time :)

Starbright said...

Better Luck next Time :)