Tuesday, September 11, 2007

And yet another bad parenting moment...

That's right, two in one day. What can I say, I'm on a roll. Today was not my day. Maddox has REALLY been testing lately, testing everything. Over the last two days he's been increasingly rough with Sophie and Duncan (the dogs) which I can only assume is because he obviously gets a reaction out of me. (he especially does this when I'm doing something that he can't help with) We've talked about and practiced gentle touches (he KNOWS how to do this), we've talked about how being rough hurts them, etc. I've talked about it until I'm blue in the face. Tonight he got down from the dinner table & while Shawn and I were finishing eating he hauled off and hit Sophie right in the face. That was it, I was done talking, I swatted his clothed and diapered butt. He laughed in my face. Figures.

No, I do not want to debate spanking vs. no spanking with anyone, isn't it enough that I'm publicly admitting to bad parenting moments? I went out and bought "Common Sense Parenting of Toddlers & Preschoolers", we'll see if I learn anything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If he will be possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).