Saturday, April 5, 2008

Speech Therapy Update

People have been wondering how Maddox's speech therapy has been going. So far nothing earth shattering. He's trying to talk more, and we're starting to hear some new sounds coming out of his mouth. The original estimate was about 6 months, give or take, to meet the objectives of his IFSP. (Individualized Family Service Plan) I'm not so sure. He really likes Tammy (his speech therapist) but he's not super cooperative. At one point on Thursday, she was trying to get him to make a certain sound, she looked at me and said "He's REALLY smart". (Code for he's not doing what I need him to do, he's always looking for the loophole) He might just be a lawyer some day. I told her that he doesn't usually work for free. She breaks out the Coco Puffs and "magically" he starts to participate. Last week was his first full week of speech therapy so time will tell.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Massagem, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://massagem-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the update! It's really great to hear about his progress. And it's about time the therapist broke out the treats! I wouldn't work for free, either! :)

P.S. I'm so glad "massagem" found your post "likeable." *rofl*