Thursday, October 25, 2007

Slow Cooking Thursday!

For more great slow cooker recipes click HERE.

My recipe this week comes from the magazine "Simple & Delicious".

Thai-Style Pork

2 lbs. boneless pork chops

1/4 cup teriyaki sauce

2 T. rice wine vinegar

1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes

1 tsp. minced garlic

1 T. cornstarch

1/4 cup cold water

1/4 cup creamy peanut butter

Hot cooked rice.

1/2 cup chopped green onions

1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts

Lime juice, optional

Place pork chops in slow cooker. Combine the teriyaki sauce, vinegar, pepper flakes, and garlic; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until meat is tender. Remove pork and cut into bite-sized pieces; keep warm. Strain cooking juices into a large saucepan. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in peanut butter; add meat. Serve with rice. Sprinkle with onions and peanuts. Drizzle with lime juice if desired. Makes 6 servings.


4 comments:

Renee said...

Oh, Yum! We have everything in the house to try it out next week. Thanks for sharing!

Renee'
http://rmboys2.wordpress.com/

Sandra said...

Yummy, I'm saving this recipe to try soon, my husband would love that :)

Anonymous said...

I'm waiting for my husband to get home for dinner and this recipe is making my mouth water. I'm definitely going to make it for my family!

Anonymous said...

This looks very good. Thansk for sharing.