Saturday, October 27, 2007

Why did I bother...& the easiest fish recipe...EVER!

So tonight I attempted to make my family a healthy dinner. I made fish (real fish, not fish sticks), mashed potatoes, and green beans. Maddox came running to the table when I called dinner, took one look at his plate and started crying. FUCK! I was hungry and Maddox had eaten hardly any lunch so I caved and brought him something else. He's teething (last 4 molars) and not feeling well, and like I said, I caved. I shouldn't have bothered because he didn't eat that either, well I guess he ate a container of yogurt and like 4 green beans and his soy milk. wow. On the plus side I have discovered the EASIEST fish recipe EVER. I'm serious, it takes 8 minutes in the microwave. 8 minutes in the microwave, that's it! I used to be so intimidated by any recipe calling for fish, I had no flipping clue how to make fish. Well, not any more! Seriously, this recipe could not get any easier. Shawn and I really liked it. Maddox didn't, but he doesn't seem to like food at all lately, so his opinion doesn't count. Here it is:

Sole Fillets in Lemon Butter

4 sole fillets (4 oz each)
(I actually just used one big piece of fish that I cut into 3 sections, and I'm not even sure it was really sole, but it WAS some kind of fish)
salt and pepper
3 T. butter, melted
1 T. lemon juice (I used a little more)
Crushed butter-flavored crackers

Place the fish in an ungreased microwave-safe dish; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover and microwave 3 - 4 minutes. (I have an 1100 watt microwave and only cooked the fish 3 minutes the first time) In a small bowl combine the butter and lemon juice; pour over fillets. Sprinkle with the cracker crumbs. Cover and microwave for 4 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. That's it!

No comments: