Wednesday, November 28, 2007

New YUM-O Recipe...

Apple Dumplings!
This is a very YUM-O recipe! The above picture are the ones I made, what they lack in presentation they more than make up for with taste! If you don't know, I LOVE Rachael Ray, and this recipe came out of her magazine. Here it is:

Apple Dumplings

1 (8 oz.) can crescent rolls
1 apple - peeled, cored and cut into 8 wedges
1 stick (4 oz.) butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 cup Mountain Dew (YES, you read that right)

1. Preheat the oven to 350. Unfold the crescent rolls. Place an apple wedge on the wide edge of each piece of dough and roll up; place the dumplings in a baking dish.

2. In a saucepan, melt the butter with the sugar and cinnamon over medium heat; stir in the Mountain Dew. Pour the mixture on the dumplings. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes; remove the foil and bake 15 minutes longer.

Makes 4 servings. (2 each)

So you SHOULD make these, Maddox LOVES them. (so do I) I asked for a subscription to Rachael Ray's magazine for Christmas. I should have asked for some of her spoonulas or cookware. I'm really starting to get more interested in cooking lately, and Shawn says if I stick with it, someday I could probably upgrade my cookware. Rachael Ray online store...here I come...


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Mountain Dew, huh? I may have to try that! Thanks for sharing!

Stephanie said...

I had a variation of this recipe at a Christmas Party once and it was delicious!