Saturday, June 2, 2007

Traveling fun...or NOT so fun...

OK, so I'm (we're ) back from the trip to California. It was fun, we had a great time. All in all Maddox was really pretty well behaved. It's just that traveling with a toddler is NOTHING like traveling without a toddler. It's exhausting. The kid's schedule is all screwed up....but that actually works out OK while on the trip, they eventually crash out. Once you get home it's an entirely different matter. The kid is fussy and wants to get back to his schedule but it's next to impossible to do just that. An overstimulated child just can't/won't sleep. At least I can console myself with the fact that at least I'm not dealing with this chaotic behavior while in a different state. However, it's left me wondering...was the trip really that fun...or wasn't it? I'll have to figure it out because we're contemplating a return trip in October. Will we be back to "normal" by then? God help me.

No comments: